Filter results by
Effective: November 14, 2016
Samsung Semiconductor, Inc. and its affiliates (“Samsung,” “we,” “us,” “our”) know how important privacy is to its customers and their employees and partners, and we strive to be clear about how we collect, use, disclose, transfer and store your information.
What information do we collect about you?
We may collect various types of Personal Information in connection with the Business Services.For example:
- We may collect Personal Information that you provide, such as your name, street address, e-mail address and contact details, job title and position, company, language, registration details, and any communications you send or deliver to us through the “Contact Us” page of the ARTIK Module Portal;
- We may collect data about your use of the Business Services, including the time and duration of your use, information stored in cookies that we have set on your device, and information about your device settings;
- We may collect information about the products and services you or your employer have bought or received and payment data and other information provided in connection with a transaction, such as information that you provide when you order ARTIK Modules;
- We also may receive Personal Information about you from your employer or service provider or from publicly and commercially available sources (as permitted by law), which we may combine with other information we receive from or about you;
- We may collect Personal Information about you that you provide to us by using the ARTIK Module developers forum, by commenting on an ARTIK Module blog post or by otherwise using the ARTIK developer community; and
- We may collect information about your company name, company address, company phone number, and any products or services that your company is developing based on the Business Services.
How do we use your information?
We may use the Personal Information we collect for the following purposes:
- to provide products and services that you (or your employer) requested and to register or authenticate you or your device;
- to respond to your questions or requests for information;
- to offer better and more customized products and services that take into account your company’s purchasing history and service record and other relevant information;
- subject to your consent where required by applicable law, to inform you about new products and services;
- for assessment and analysis of our market, customers, products, and services (including asking you for your opinions on our products and services and carrying out customer surveys);
- to understand the way companies use the Business Services so that we can improve them and develop new products and services;
- to provide maintenance services and to maintain a sufficient level of security with respect to the Business Services;
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Samsung, or any of our respective affiliates, business partners, employees or customers, including legal proceedings, internal investigations and investigations by competent authorities; and
- for other purposes as we may disclose and with your consent or as described to you at the time your Personal Information is collected.
To whom do we disclose your information?
Disclosures Under Special Circumstances. There may be instances when we disclose your Personal Information to other parties:
- to comply with the law or respond to compulsory legal process (such as a search warrant or court order) or request for information from a regulator;
- to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing the ARTIK Module Portal; or
- to protect the rights, property or safety of Samsung, or any of our respective affiliates, business partners, or customers.
Automatically Collected Information and Anonymous Information
Aggregated Data. Samsung collects aggregate queries for internal reporting and also counts, tracks, and aggregates the visitor’s activity into Samsung’s analysis of general traffic-flow through the ARTIK Module Portal. To these ends, Samsung may merge information about you into aggregated group data. In some cases, Samsung may remove personal identifiers from Personal Information and maintain it in aggregate form that may later be combined with other information to generate anonymous, aggregated statistical information. Such anonymous, group data may be shared on an aggregated basis with Samsung’s affiliates, business partners, service providers and/or vendors; if it does so, Samsung will not disclose your individual identity.
Web Server Logs and IP Addresses. An Internet Protocol (“IP”) address is a number that automatically identifies the computer/machine you have used to access the Internet. The IP address enables our server to send you the web pages that you want to visit, and it may disclose the server owned by your Internet Service Provider. Samsung may use IP addresses to conduct website analyses and performance reviews and to administer the ARTIK Module Portal.
Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, mobile phone or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognize you across different websites, services, devices, and/or browsing sessions. Cookies serve many useful purposes. For example:
- Cookies can remember your sign-in credentials so you don’t have to enter those credentials each time you log on to a service.
- Cookies help us and third parties understand which parts of our services are the most popular because they help us to see which pages and features visitors are accessing and how much time they are spending on the pages. By studying this kind of information, we are better able to adapt the services and provide you with a better experience.
- Cookies help us provide you with relevant content by collecting information about your use of the ARTIK Module Portal and other websites and apps.
When you use a web browser to access a website, you can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. The operating system of your device may contain additional controls for cookies. For further information about cookies see www.allaboutcookies.org.
Please note, however, that some services may be designed to work using cookies and that disabling cookies may affect your ability to use those services, or certain parts of them.
Beacons. We also may use technologies called beacons (or “pixels”) that communicate information from your device to a server. Beacons can be embedded in online content, videos, and emails, and can allow a server to read certain types of information from your device, know when you have viewed particular content or a particular email message, determine the time and date on which you viewed the beacon, and the IP address of your device. We may use beacons for a variety of purposes, including to analyze the use of the ARTIK Module Portal and (in conjunction with cookies) to provide content that is more relevant to you.
Other Tools. From time to time we use other website analysis tools. That might track mouse movement, clicks, and scroll behavior, keystroke activity, among other things, and allow for playback of individual anonymous user sessions. This information is used to analyze site usage and improve our web design. You can opt-out of these measurements at https://www.artik.io/heatmapOptout.html.
By accessing and using the ARTIK Module Portal, you expressly consent to the storage of cookies, other local storage technologies, beacons and other information on your devices. You also consent to the access of such cookies, local storage technologies, beacons and information by us.
What do we do to keep your information secure?
Samsung understands that storing data in a secure manner is essential. Samsung stores Personal Information and other data using reasonable physical, technical and administrative safeguards to secure data against foreseeable risks, such as unauthorized use, access, disclosure, destruction or modification. Although we make good faith efforts to store the information we collect in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, we cannot guarantee complete security. Further, while we work to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-party “hackers” from illegally obtaining this information.
Where do we transfer your information?
Your use or participation in the Business Services may involve transfer, storage and processing of your information outside of your country of residence, consistent with this policy. The Personal Information is transferred to the United States (where privacy laws may not be as adequate as in the jurisdiction in which you are based if outside the United States) to Samsung and third parties engaged by Samsung to enable us to operate the ARTIK Module Portal or provide a service to you. By using the ARTIK Module Portal you expressly agree to the transfer of the Personal Information to the United States.
Can you access your information?
How long do we keep your information?
We take reasonable steps to ensure that we retain information about you only for so long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, or as required under any contract or by applicable law.
Third-Party Links and Products on Our Services
Our Business Services may link to third-party websites and services that are outside our control. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by websites or other services. You should exercise caution, and review the privacy statements applicable to the third-party websites and services you use.
You can make choices about whether to receive promotional communications from us by following the unsubscribe instructions included in the communication.
Children’s Privacy Protection
Under Age 13
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of thirteen (13) without parental consent, unless permitted by law. If we learn that a child under the age of thirteen (13) has provided us with personal information, we will delete it in accordance with applicable law.
Under Age 18
We do not allow minors under 18 years of age to register to the website. However, minors under 18 years of age may have the Personal Information that they have provided to Samsung while using the ARTIK Module Portal deleted by sending an email to email@example.com requesting deletion. Please note that, while we make reasonable efforts to comply with such requests, deletion of your personal information does not ensure complete and comprehensive removal of that data from all systems.
Do Not Track Signals and Similar Mechanisms
Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to the websites with which the user communicates, although web browsers incorporate and activate this functionality in different ways, and it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted. There currently is disagreement, including among participants in the leading Internet standards-setting organization, concerning what, if anything, websites should do when they receive such signals. Samsung currently does not take action in response to these signals, but, if and when a standard is established and accepted, we may reassess how to respond to these signals.
Correcting, Updating or Deleting Information
The ARTIK Module Portal gives users the option to correct, update or delete information previously provided to us by the user; however, we will maintain copies of user information to the extent retained as part of the ARTIK Module Portal’s standard backup/archive process or required by law or regulatory requirements and subject to our legal obligations.To make changes to your contact information, or to opt out of receiving information, please contact us in one of the following ways:
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send a written request to:
Samsung Semiconductor, Inc.
3655 North 1st Street
San Jose, CA 95134
ATTN: Editor-in-Chief, Ecosystem
Copy to: General Counsel’s office