Filter results by
Samsung ARTIK™ 053/053s/055s
Wi-Fi®-based IoT module with built-in hardware security for single-function “things”.
ARTIK 0 Family
Connected. Flexible. Economical. Tiny.
- Product Briefs
- Schematics and Electrical
ARTIK 05x series Smart IoT Modules bring Wi-Fi to things that need compactness and connectivity, but without sacrificing hardware-based security. ARTIK 053s and ARTIK 055s have built-in, enterprise-grade security for a strong root of trust with Samsung Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) and mutual authentication to ARTIK cloud services.
Each Samsung ARTIK IoT module is a true System on Module (SoM), with CPUs, networking, wireless radios, and full system software stack, all build onto a single, easy-to-integrate package.
The ARTIK 05x family runs Tizen RT, a platform that includes a compact RTOS with built-in TCP/IP stack and support for Lightweight Machine-to-machine (LWM2M) protocol. This also means you can develop for ARTIK 05x using free tools like ARTIK IDE, GCC C/C++ compilers, and OpenOCD.
Performance and flexibility
- 32-bit ARM® Cortex® R4 @ 320MHz for applications
- 29 dedicated GPIO ports, 2 SPI, 4 UART (2-pin), 4 ADC, 1 JTAG, 2 I2C
- Input voltage: 3.3VDC (ARTIK 055s), 5-12VDC (ARTIK 053/053s)
Robust security (“s” versions)
- Completely integrated security subsystem
- Secure communication with unique, per-device key for authentication
- Secure boot to make sure only authorized software can run
- Secure storage protected by physically unclonable function (PUF)
Integrated and tested middleware
- Tizen RT with RTOS, Wi-Fi and networking middleware
- API interface to simplify development process
- LWM2M support for device management
Fully integrated with ARTIK IoT Platform and ARTIK cloud services
- Mobile reference app to add modules to ARTIK cloud services easily
- Manage devices, including OTA updates, with ARTIK cloud services
For more information, check out the resources links on the left. Availability of ARTIK 053s and ARTIK 055s is TBA.
We’ve built the Samsung ARTIK 053 Starter Kit to speed development of your Internet of Things (IoT) project. Powered either with a Micro-USB connector attached to your development computer or a dedicated 5-12VDC power supply (not included), the Starter Kit includes:
- One ARTIK 053 module, mounted to an interposer board
- One ARTIK Starter Board
- Easy onboarding to ARTIK Cloud with our mobile reference app
- Arduino-form factor interface headers
- Expanded GPIO headers with exposed SPI and UARTs
- Onboard reset and Arduino reset buttons
- Onboard test buttons and LEDs (two each)
- Micro-USB connector for power and programming
- JTAG header (1.27mm pitch; cable sold separately)
Host machine – Linux – Ubuntu 14.04 LTS or Later, Windows 7, 8
Tools – ARTIK IDE, GNU ARM Embedded Toolchain – includes GCC C/C++ compiler, libraries and cross compiler to Linux – (arm-none-eabi-gcc-4.9), OpenOCD for debugging
For more information, check out the resources links on the left.
To make prototype development with the Samsung ARTIK 053 Starter Kit easier, you can plug a Grove Base Shield V2 into the headers, and make use of Grove sensors.
Grove sensors we’ve verified to work are:
- Temperature sensor
- Humidity sensor
- UV sensor
- Moisture sensor
- Light sensor
- Rotary angle sensor
- Luminance sensor
- MPU9250 Accelerometer
For more information on compatible sensors, see the ARTIK Developer Documentation.