This is the perfect book for experienced programmers and developers who want to jump in and work with Samsung's new ARTIK product line to create Internet of Things devices and applications. It is also a perfect follow-up resource for new-to-the-field developers who are just getting past the beginning stages of learning the ARTIK.
Samsung ARTIK Reference begins with a concise overview of the hardware and the various developer reference boards that are available. Attention then shifts to operating system internals, modes such as sleep and startup, and the various file systems and their parameters that are available for developers to adjust. Also included is a reference of API calls, guidance on input and output, documentation of serial, audio, graphic, and other interfaces. There is extensive reference to online resources with annotation and commentary guiding the learning process in many directions for further study.
What You Will Learn
- Install the ARTIK toolkit and prepare to develop
- Manipulate the inner workings of the ARTIK operating system
- Look up and refer to details of the ARTIK API specification
- Perform input and output over the peripheral interface buses
- Build embeddable applications in support of IoT devices
- Embed the ARTIK modules into your own hardware products
Who This Book Is For
Samsung ARTIK Reference is for experienced developers wanting to understand and begin working with ARTIK. The book is especially of interest to those wishing to interact with ARTIK modules from within their own applications and web services.