The Samsung ARTIK team was very busy at Embedded World in Nuremberg, Germany, so let’s jump right into the news!
Industrie 4.0 has been a big part of the story at Embedded World, and we announced a new partnership with PTC that will enable industrial IoT customers to get to market faster with smart, secure, connected products and services that improve operational efficiency through the ThingWorx® Industrial Innovation Platform and Samsung ARTIK.
At the show, we showcased a variety of new solutions in the industrial IoT space:
- ARTIK-based gateways, used in conjunction with PTC ThingWorx and Shoreline IoT’s iCast 2 IoT Bridge for asset monitoring and virtualization.
- ARTIK-enabled industrial gateway products from HARMAN and RushUp are demonstrating faster time to market for integrated services.
- HARMAN Connected Services is providing integrated gateway solutions for vertical markets leveraging ARTIK hardware, software, and cloud services, plus solutions for intelligent workspaces and improved asset utilization.
- Smart cellular data connectivity to ARTIK gateway products with a Samsung Starter Kit from Multi-Tech Systems, incorporating ARTIK system-on-modules with its carrier-certified Multi-Connect Dragonfly™ cellular LTE Cat 1 modem.
- AXON Predict™ from Greenwave Systems lets companies run powerful edge analytics and sophisticated data management, allowing autonomous responses on the device in real-time. AXON Predict runs on all ARTIK 530 and 710 system-on-modules (SoM).
We also highlighted new solutions for developers, showing the latest capabilities of the ARTIK platform demonstrated with Alexa interoperability and a range of third-party devices.
Also for developers is the new Eagleye 530s ARTIK-based development kit from Seeed, which allows you to develop feature-rich proof-of-concept and production-ready products using the ARTIK platform. Best of all, it’s pin-compatible with Raspberry Pi provides access to a broad market of accessories. Look for more on this board later, including a tutorial showing a project we’ve been working on.
We had a great time meeting so many of you. Coming up, we are planning to be at IoT FUSE in Minnesota and IoT World in Santa Clara. Hope to see you there.
Editor’s note: This post was edited to change to past tense for clarity, and to remove references and links related to coming to meet us at the show.