Last week at CES in Las Vegas, Samsung hosted a private event to showcase ARTIK and Simband alongside some of our partners running all-new demos on ARTIK. Select customers were invited to spend some time off the show floor – away from the bustling crowds – at an invitation-only gathering in our multi-room suite at Caesar’s Palace where they got a guided tour highlighting the latest IoT innovations.
All of the demo stations featured real hardware, giving visitors plenty of ideas for what is already possible using the ARTIK family of IoT modules. Demo projects were displayed thematically to show off a wide range of features and functionality.
Demo themes included:
- Effortless development featuring SAMI, Temboo and Arduino
- Local intelligence for health monitoring, featuring Medium One and the Samsung Simband
- Advanced digital health monitoring, collecting real-time data from Simband into ARTIK where the data was processed and reduced by 200x before being sent to SAMI
- Vayyar‘s innovative radar-based 3D sensor that could detect breathing patterns and falls
- Local voice activation featuring Sensory
- Security for Things featuring Israeli company Dojo-Labs
- Driver assistance featuring the work of Korea Telecom
- The Smart Home Companion featuring a robot named Otto developed by Samsung ID8
We hosted over 40 meetings with potential customers and partners, representing a wide range of industry verticals, including health, home automation, home security, telco, and industrial products. There were even reps from municipal governments.
As a result of these private tours, visitors now have a deeper understanding of how ARTIK can be put to use in their own projects and aligned with their product roadmaps.We will be sharing some of the videos we shot over the next few weeks. Next up for the ARTIK team will be Mobile World Congress and the Samsung Developer Conference.