Get ready, because there’s going to be a major site update soon. We are extending our portals to allow developers and users to browse all the device types and applications on SAMI in a friendly, searchable interface. We hope you are as excited as we are about this!
We want you to hit the ground running when we launch this new functionality. We’re asking that you provide some additional information on your applications and device types that will be displayed in the portal. This will make it easier for other users and developers to find and learn about them.
You may remember that the Developer Portal received a GUI overhaul. To this, we’ve just added a couple menu items you can use to upload media and details on your applications and device types.
Other important fields include your manufacturer/publisher name and the relevant URLs (manufacturer/publisher, support, support email and purchase/install).
The Images page is where you can upload product images or promotional screenshots of your work, as well as your logo.
You may also remember that when you first created your device type in the Developer Portal, there was a short field where you could fill in a description. Now is a great time to review that description to make sure it accurately conveys which apps and devices connect to SAMI and what types of data they send.
Here are the exact details of what you will need:
- App name (max 32 chars), short description (max 255 chars), details (rich text)
- Install URL (web, iOS, Android)
- Publisher name and URL, support URL and email
- App icon, PNG format, min 256×256, max 1024×1024
- Promo image, PNG or JPEG, min width 1800px
- Screenshots, PNG or JPEG, min width 1200px
- Publisher logo, PNG or JPEG, min width 512px
- Device name (max 32 chars), short description (max 255 chars)
- Purchase URL
- Manufacturer name and URL, support URL and email
- Primary image, PNG or JPEG, min 768×768, max 1024×1024 (1:1 aspect ratio)
- Secondary images, PNG or JPEG, min 768×768, max 1024×1024 (1:1 aspect ratio)
- Manufacturer logo, PNG or JPEG, min width 512px
We will have more updates and details soon, but in the meantime, we encourage you to get these items together and prepare for landing 🙂